Our temple is dedicated to Tikkun Olam, or repairing the world, through social action. Our efforts have already led us to partner with these great organizations below:
• The Children’s Attention Home, with ongoing member visits. We work with the children there to support and share the vision of a stable life. This service is in accordance with the Attention Home’s mission to service abused, abandoned and neglected children in SC.
• The Palmetto School, Grades K-8, continuing to serve the children from the Attention Home.
• Our “Second Friday” food drives for the Fort Mill Care Center, capped by the annual Yom Kippur collection, which have allowed us to contribute over 2,200 pounds of food, which is distributed directly to the York County Community.
• Annually posting a team to walk in the Crohns & Colitis fundraiser.
• Assisting with food preparation for the annual Mother Daughter luncheon at Unity Presbyterian, which raises thousands of dollars
For more information, please contact our Social Action committee chair, Carol Hahn, at info@templesolelSC.org, to find out how you can start repairing the world with us!
Even one person can make a difference!